Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 03:14 AM   #21
Iabracing

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 29.2
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
Behind this trim piece on the bottom of the slide wall, is where the sidewall meets the floor. If you don’t have a good bead of sealant on the top of the trim the water leaks behind. Then it flows down to the floor where it leaks under the slide into the coach. It discovered it in a monsoon as soon as I put sealant down it stopped leaking.
Exactly what he said. The lower rail, if not caulked correctly will channel water right into the interior of the coach. Depending on the way ou park it, you may never catch it while it slowly eats away at the screws that hold the rail to the bottom of the slide. I bought my 2015 used in mid-2019 and the damage was already done...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum