Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 09:58 PM   #29
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert H. View Post
I don't like not having a spare, and may carry an unmounted tire on longer trips. That way, at least we wouldn't be stuck paying for an overpriced tire that doesn't exactly match our other tires.

I removed the ladder from our Vegas, and will comment it is mounted with small short screws that only go into the fiberglass shell.

I understand this sentiment but I look at it differently. Unless you have a flat promptly after buying your tires your spare will be pretty mismatched anyway. Without a spare you might end up with an odd orphan tire on the road - or maybe even a used tire - but it’ll get you going again to a place where you can get a proper fix. In my case I’d probably buy two new tires for the front. I’ve been driving for over half a century and have NEVER had to change a tire on the road. I’d be worried that my spare will age out and never be used. The certain cost of a nice spare now as opposed to a possible cost of a tire on the road. Waiting for help might be inconvenient but at least I’ll have a comfortable place to do it in. Whatever works!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum