Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 04:52 AM   #38
2 Yung Still

Brand: DRV
State: California
THOR #17752
I don't know why my signature doesn't show up, but I have a 2020 36RSSB3 with the Moryde IS.. And the shocks were shot even though we have less than 10k miles on the rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJack View Post
I’m not sure you have the brake drag issue this thread is dealing with. The brake drag is cause by the calipers not floating. That is, the brakes are applied but when they are released the caliper does not move so the outer brake pad stays in contact with the rotor.

You stated two of your wheels are very black. Is this brake dust or tire dust? Are they on the same side or opposite sides?

Adjusting the brake controller will not affect brake drag. It will only reduce the amount of braking from the trailer, which means your tow vehicle will pick up the load. Thus, you will see less brakes dust on the rim because the brakes are not being used a much.

I don’t see the picture on the forum but it did come through in the email I received. The tire wear shows major alignment and balancing issues. Check on the web for tire wear pictures and cause. Your tire needs to be replace after correcting the problem. (You might need to replace both tires on that axle.)

I’m not sure why you are needing to replace the shocks useless this is an older rig.

It is difficult to give additions suggestion because you didn’t include the details of your rig – year, model, number of axles, suspension (leaf or mor-ride), etc.

I you want to pursue this issue further I suggest you create another thread and post the tire picture to the forum.

r@Y

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum