Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 01:52 AM   #32
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
I had my used Thor Palazzo main slide fail early last year. Covid hit and the dealer closed for two weeks. This was due to one employee getting Covid. The factory then closed for a couple of weeks and then had a bare minimum crew to interface with. The dealer finally got new part numbers for the redesigned rails. Another three weeks for parts and then two for shipping do to Covid. Truckers had a hard time going from state to state - you should remember it was in the national news. Parts arrived and the slide was removed. Parts were the wrong size! A week and a half later Thor and my dealer finally connected and measurements were taken. Old part numbers to new were wrong and the correct parts were ordered. Another three weeks and the parts were in. Slide taken out again. Only three new gear rails were sent instead of four. Lucky the dealer's technician was a pack rat and had one that was like brand new, and the correct size. It had slight damage on one end and was from a past job. Just turn it around and it would be functional. I approved. Three days later I had my rig.

Covid and parts have mucked everything up.

Then after getting it home and opening the slide five times it jammed. Three inches open and the started to twist. Went out and found the outer vertical rails half pushed out and the rivets also popped loose. Called my dealer and got an appointment for two weeks later. So with the slide stuck we went on a weekend trip. Could just open the fridge enough to get some food in and out. A bit tight, but it worked. Got the rig in for repair. It took a week and a half for them to figure out how to open the slide. Turns out the technician ran the motor cable down the outside of the inner wall and it got caught in the guide rail. The outer rails had to be replaced so another three weeks for parts. No cost to us for the repair since it was their fault. Just a lot of apologizing for their error. So during Covid things do take a long time to get fixed. Mainly getting parts. I cannot say more about the appearance of the slide. It is like new and they replaced all seals outer, inner, and the bottom sweeps inside as well. Be patient. It is hard to do believe me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum