Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 05:40 PM   #40
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quality is defined as fitness for use. Fitness is a function of expectations. Expectations is a derivative of knowledge, and knowledge is power. I was fortunate to have stumbled on this site 18 months before buying my coach. It has paid off in royal dividends. 80% of the posts I read of quality related issues, comes from owners that was not so fortunate to have had the insight of how the RV Industry works and the pitfalls that loom when things go wrong. I don't view others as excusing or giving the industry a few pass, but taking the facts as they may be, and working the system in your favor. I am glad the OP showed perseverance. In a way, I could make an argument in favor of his situation over mine, in that while I have not had any of the after purchase drama, I had to wait 18 months before I could say I found a coach that met my Quality standards. I walked away from two Coaches due to quality issues I found during PDI; one of which included a slide not working among other things. It is all perspective, but I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Note: It should be clarified that in my case, all of the issues noted that made me NOT purchase the previous two coaches; they were all Dealer induced issues and had nothing to do with Thor Mfg (IMO). So in a real sense I had trouble with RV Dealers not stepping up.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum