Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Leaking Slide
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 11:31 AM   #27
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
Here is one I need help with. 2018 Thor Challenger 37FH. Driver side bedroom slide. side in or out. Discovered today that rain water is getting between the black woven vaper barrier and OBS plywood slide floor, water making it way in side the coach along the slide floor and draining out at the edges of the slide floor on each side of the slide floor onto the main floor. depending on the rain storm, water is ruining from the back of the coach all the way up to front of coach by dog house cover.

Pouring rain today when discovered as I was working on other maintenance repairs inside the coach. Checking outside the coach under the slide floor, the black woven vaper barrier was swollen at the edges of the slide floor each side. running finger along swollen area toward coach wall pushed more water out inside at the edge of the vaper barrier and the side floor. No water getting in to the electronics area under the bed. Wonder how water is getting between vaper barrier and OBS plywood. Concerned for OBS plywood integrity, mold and mildew.

Big trips scheduled on the books that we would have to cancel if sent in to shop. Any DYI ideas for me to look at and try?

Joe O'
Joe, refer to a previous post of mine from 2017. Your problem sounds like a common one and if so, easy to fix. My slide leaked all the time but I didn't know it until I spent the night in it during a thunderstorm with the slide in. I walked through the motorhome to check the weather and my foot stepped in a puddle of water.
Long story short...I caulked along the top edge of the bottom facia trim...I haven't had a problem since. Water was seeping into the trim and got between the plywood floor and the wrap that covers it. The water would then find its way out along a screw hole under slide. Normally it would evaporate in time on the floor under the slide until that one fateful night. The motorhome was tilted enough the water trickled across the floor until my foot found it.

I went around the motorhome and found several other areas with no caulking, such as the Hot Water Heater, Outside TV and outside Kitchen.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum