Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 06:29 PM   #15
Travelin' Texans

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKD View Post
Thanks for all the response and valuable information, it is very appreciated! I will work on the coach when I get home and will let y'all know if I was able to get everything back working. I have had voltage issues with the RV ever since I bought it brand new in 2017 and have always had the low voltage issue with the Lippert Controller. I now realize my mistake I made leaving the battery switch in the Use position and I tried to recondition the batteries, but they were to far gone. The new batteries were marine type suited for RVs, but maybe should have went back with two 6 volts.

We have a trip planned for the end of the month so I am trying to avoid bringing the RV to the shop because they will want to keep it for at least 3 months. If I am unable to figure out the problem, does anyone know of a reputable Mobile RV Repair in the Baton Rouge, LA Area?
If the "use/store" switch is anything like the battery disconnect the factory installs on their towables it DOE NOT totally/completely disconnect all the parasitic drains on the batteries. Slide motors, CO/LP detector, & clock memories are typically wired directly to the batteries bypassing the switch/disconnect. The only absolute disconnect is to remove the negative cable from the battery that goes directly to ground or add a manual disconnect to that cable to use during storage.
If plugged into shore power that switch must be set to "use" otherwise the batteries will not be. charged
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum