Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 06:36 PM   #19
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
also i sequentially numbered each item in a word doc and based on dealer response to thor..if a part was delayed or questioned, i used the exact number to address with thor and beingin the middle helped. also i had the deal place yellow tape on each fix to match the number in my word doc.
That is EXACTY what we did, but we used Blue tape

After every update I would send to Winnebago with my Serial number, miles and disclaimer that I was working with the dealer to resolve. They store in my file because they even tracked the things I had Dealer do that was not warranty, i.e. Battery Disconnect switch, AGS etc.

To OP

I also agree with those that state some items warrant immediate attention. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. But if you have roof leak, slide not working, issues with levelers etc. I would report immediately. I had some bubbling from water delamination on inside of my hatch that I reported that initially they said was cosmetic., it stayed on my list and one day the Service Manager took a look at it and agreed with me, they replaced the entire hatch.

My main point of wait was simply for matter of convenience to you ( or for me in my case). My dealer is a hour and 15 min one way so I wanted to maximize the trips. It was always a crap shoot as to how long they may have. I didn't have anything that would classify as critical or showstopper. The more I used my coach, the more little bitty things I saw. Try to do everything at least once while you enjoy your coach during the summer was my main point. Allow the non critical items be fixed / scheduled when it is most convenient for you. During the interim keep your list with the dealer and copy the same to Thor. My warranty expired 7 months ago and Winnebago is still taking care of few items. Some were noted on my list and some were not. It kind of depends on the issue and if it was obvious it was that way when I bought it.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum