Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 02:18 AM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman View Post
I purchased a new Thor Chaeteau 31W in March 25 2015. The Two House Batteries which are Harris Part#27D170
20 Hour 160AH.
They will not run my Residential Fridge for more than 5 Hours. Can anything be suggested as to what can improve the longevity of these Batteries?
What is the current draw (amps or watts) of both the inverter and the fridge?
I assume EACH battery is 12v 160AH - wired in parallel gives 320AH capacity. You can't use all of that of course - don't want to run the batteries all the way down - even deep cycles...
Based on draw, can determine how long it SHOULD be able to run on good batteries...

You will find a lot of threads complaining about Harris batteries - but we can do the math to see how it is performing.

If you have the space - adding additional batteries can be done... but likely looking at a full set.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.