Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 10:16 PM   #4
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Well...... I'm about at the end of everything I can try to move the slide out.

I tried pushing on the back while the front was trying to move.

I unhooked the motors from the Controller but we tried to push it out with a few people but the slide won't budge.

I also tried the Controller Override but that didn't work either. Even though I am getting the error code to check the wiring harness between the motor and controller I can see the motor spinning so it is not dead.

After resyncing the motors I don't know why it won't go out more than an inch and then stop. I am noticing the back motor housing moving when the slide stops going in and out. I don't know if that is normal or whether the screw that was protruding out of the top of the slide and damaged the top of the motor did some other damage and the slide is now binding.

I am waiting to see if Thor will offer assistance. It was under warranty when the Service Center in Wakarusa replaced the motor and the slide had not been opened since they closed it after going over the work with me that they did on the coach. I am hoping they will cover the repair but even if they will, that means trying to get an appointment in Wakarusa.

If Thor won't help, I have started looking for third party RV shops in the area to see if any of them have any openings.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum