Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 10:47 AM   #12
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Hey Judge, do you get to the motor from inside the coach or outside? I'm not having any issues, just for future reference.
You remove the slide motor from inside the coach. However, the motor retention screw is on the outside of the coach.

I was dead in the water until I could get the slide out at least a couple inches so I could remove the screw. The screw is at the top so you need a ladder to reach it but it is on the outside of the seal and easy to remove.

It is also easier to reach the motor if the slide is out a foot or so. I just used a screw driver to lift it up out of the gear block and unplug it from the harness.

The override on the Controller can be used to get the motors to move if one is not completely dead or a power line is not broken. If the slide was open and stuck out, I would remove both motors or lift them out of the gear blocks and then push in the slide... with some help.

LCI says you can just unplug the motor harnesses to remove the electronic brake and push in the slide but as 16ACE27 said.... that's a pipe dream and a full wall slide with a 500:1 gear ratio.

Now if the slide is closed and you have a dead motor, trying to push it out an inch or two to reach the screw is next to impossible.

If they were smart, they would drill a hole in the slide trim so you could reach the screw with the slide closed. The trim closes against the wipe seal. You could have an access whole and seal the circumference of the hole well with epoxy to prevent water intrusion and then you could always access the screw.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum