Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 07:54 PM   #15
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Great write up thanks.

I've been thinking about drilling a hole in the slide where the set screw is and putting a rubber grommet in the hole. Just to access the set screw if the motor dies with the slide in

You might have the same problem if you move the screw to the inside and the slide is out. The inside trim piece blocks the motor I believe

I spoke to a thor tech rep at a rally and he said to change the rear bedroom motor on the 29m the trim piece has to be removed just to have enough room to work. There's only about 6" space from the rear wall and the slide

Jerry
Thanks Jerry.....

On my Magnitude I don't have to remove any trim. I only need to pull down the seal to access the motor. I saw a piece of metal behind the seal where I might be able to drill a hole and put a screw in to secure the motor.

I do like your idea of a rubber grommet. I just worry about getting the hole perfectly aligned to drill through the slide so it is right on top of the screw.

Thor could easily drill a hole, seal the circumference of it and then put a plug in that could be removed to access the screw if needed. It would be such a small design change but make such a big difference in serving the slide if it a motor dies when it is closed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum