Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 11:45 PM   #2
SamOscarBrown

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: TIBURON
State: North Carolina
THOR #23330
Okay, so no quick responses. But, an update, anyway (including questions). I am tending to think this is not a Control Panel issue, but possibly a 'power' problem. After several minutes working with a FireFly rep to see why the AC is not coming on (believing it to be a Control Panel/G12 issue), and not resolving anything (could not get power to the AirCon (small black box directly under the AC unit) from the G12 control box), I started other diagnoses. To determine if I had shore power, I ran the microwave and it heated water. But then I opened the refrigerator which I had set to 'Power/Electric only) vice Auto (Auto would kick in propane if electric power was not available). I found the fridge to be warm (I had it on 'power' for several hours). After returning from a trip, where the fridge was set to AUTO, it was fine (I am assuming that it ran on propane the entire time). What I am getting at is that POSSIBLY, even though there IS power coming from shore, there is not enough amperage to run the AC nor even the fridge, but is enough to run the microwave. This hints that it may be something with the Power Switch unit...just not sure. I don't know how to check how many amps are coming into the coach.
Any advice?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.