Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 10:35 PM   #14
John & Diane

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Just recently I had to replace our Propane/CO detector because it aged out. When I went to change it I couldn't get to the connection point where Thor attached the detectors wire to their harness. My dilemma was that there were two red positive wires and one black ground wire on both the new and old detectors, which was which, or did it matter?? I checked the wiring diagram I have for our MH but couldn't find the CO detector on it so I called Thor for an updated drawing. The tech at Thor couldn't find the CO detector on their drawings either so they passed my inquiry up the chain for an answer. The next day I received a call and was told they weren't sure why they couldn't find a print with a co detector shown,but h since I was replacing the original one with an identical model I should replace one wire at a time based on the wires location on the detectors, which worked.

Based on the instructions that came with the new unit you can have two fused power sources for it or connect both wire together and connect that to one fused circuit. Based on the these post I'm beginning to wonder if the CO detector circuit powers other THINGS. Also my CO circuit has a 15 amp fuse and it came that way from the factory. We are the original owners and have never had issues with that circuit or reason to change the fuse. I did just pull that CO fuse and checked the LP level and it continued to read full.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum