Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 05:29 PM   #16
pneumatics

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20808
Quote:
Originally Posted by mleitner@charter.net View Post
Sorry about that. I will explain what I found. Mounted on the frame under the slide is a "T-Bar" that rides in a channel in the slide to keep the slide aligned. Unfortunately, there is a step in the channel that reduces its width by about 1/4" on each side when the slide is retracted about 6". If the slide is slightly misaligned, it will catch on the T-Bar creating a hard mechanical stop. When this happens, I can use a crowbar in there to force the slide around the T-Bar in order to fully retract the slide. I need to have an expert look at why this is happening and to find a more permanent solution. Below is a photo taken from under the slide looking a the white T-Bar. I hope this is helpful!
That T-Bar is a safety device to keep the retracted slide from bouncing up and down when moving. It should not touch anything on the way in or out. Check to see if there is an adjustment possible where a slot is under the screws holding it down and adjust it slightly left or right.
Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.