Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 11:49 AM   #6
JimOIB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
There are 3 spur gears connected by a torque shaft driven by the motor. The upper 2 spur gears as digging into your gear tracks on both sides. From the pictures, the spur gears are riding higher in the track than they should.

A couple of possible causes:

1. The weight of the slide is resting on the v-rollers in the slide column and not on the floor rollers under the slide. Get under the slide and pull back the seal to see if the floor rollers are in fact supporting the slide. Look for the aluminum plates and pull the seal back there since that is where the rollers support the slide.

2. Damage v-rollers. Pull back the wiper seal where the gear tracks go into the coach and see if the v-roller(s) is damaged.

3. The slide was not timed right during installation - this is different than motor sync and can't be done with the slide assembly installed on the coach.

4. Check to make sure the 2 top tracks are parallel with the bottom track within 1/8 inch according to the Lippert install manual. Extend the slide and measure next to the coach and the far side away from the coach. The installer may not have checked for parallel.

My money is on the floor rollers not supporting the coach. Here is a picture from my coach where they were not supporting and I had to adjust them to do so.

Hope this helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum