Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 04:00 AM   #32
GypsyT&M

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #3710
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
If/when you decide to pull the trigger don't be afraid to add conditions of sale to the purchase offer. On my prior class c I included vent covers and replacement of al CH751 cam locks with combination cam locks as a condition of sale. For my Challenger I included full tank of fuel (80 gallons), full tank of LPG, 2 vent covers, rear tire valve extenders and correction of three items found during the test drive as conditions of sale. The only item the dealer had an issue with, surprisingly, was the full tank of fuel. They were only willing to include a half tank (40 gallons) max.

Do not sign the final contract until after the PDI is complete and the conditions of sale are met. In my case during the test drive I found the message center info button was sticking and when it was not corrected for the PDI (I checked all COS items before starting the PDI) we left the lot and told the dealer to call us when the switch was replaced. They called us 2 hours later and the PDI began. During the PDI we found 2 items they had to correct. We initially arrived at the dealer for the PDI at 9:00 am and signed the contract at around 5:30 PM. We have been extremely happy with the purchase except for the fact we have not taken it out more than we have.
Thanks for this info...taking delivery Friday 3/18 of our 2016 Thor Axis 24.1...we ordered it and made the purchase offer in Feb....so from what I gather here on this forum we should do a complete pdi...test drive...any additional problems fixed before we complete purchase and paperwork and take it off the lot? Any additional advice would be great...we are first time buyers...thought we were somewhat prepared but after reading the posts on this forum...realize we are pretty much clueless. Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum