Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 11:07 PM   #12
RV_Envy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Ontario
THOR #4874
Wow, thanks for your time! Not sure I have that version. I looked and either don't have that flow valve or if I do, can't be reached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I have had two coaches with the Girard Tankless Water Heater and neither of them had a hot water tank bypass.... even though the schematics showed it. I think someone back at HQ is just lazy and reuses one set of schematics whether it is a tank or tankless water heater in a coach.

Anyway..... you said "Hot Water, nada. Not even a drip."

I take it to mean if you open the hot water on any faucet, there is no flow since you say "not even a drip."

If that is in fact the case, you need to check a couple items.

1) Check to make sure the inlet flow valve on the back of the unit is open and allowing water to flow into the tankless.

2) Remove the incoming water line at the back of the unit and check to see of the strainer / screen is plugged with construction debris. While you have it off you might want to make sure you have water coming through that line and into the tankless.

If you don't have a drip of water coming out the hot anywhere then that means there is no water getting into the tankless.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210517_155033048_HDR.jpeg
Views:	839
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	30591

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.