Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 03:42 PM   #31
Bill in Redlands

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: California
THOR #18202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMerritt View Post
I had a similar problem. My bed dropped on one side. What a mess. Good Sam phone support helped me immediately. Adding photos to show problem. Temp fix was to get the bed back up and pins back in so I could drive. Used a 2x4 from Lowes, cut to 57inches to lock in driver side, then lowered system to make entire bed level; then, pushed on drive side while motors raised bed to top position and put in the pins quickly. Still have to find a repair shop. But at least I could drive home. GOOD SAM really helped. They answered the phone quickly, called back, send a photo or two, and were very valuable in this process. Now, how to get the parts and get it repaired, SOON....
I was in the same situation while boondocking last summer in a very remote location, difference was the bed was at the bottom not the top. It was misaligned and on the way down, it literally pulled away from the track and dropped to the stop. It took all I had to lift it up and look it in place. We doubled up on the jackknife until we got home.

The fix was a replacement of the track and motor mechanism on the left side. I finally got benefit from an extended warrantee. Not something I typically buy but I purchased for the MH to satisfy my wife's concerns.

We always keep the pins in when the bed is up - moving or not. Also, the switch remains pushed from a couple of seconds after the bed is lowered or raised, to assure syncing of the motors.

You can bet that now my head is on a swivel when moving it up or down to verify nothing is misaligned, even slightly.

Good luck with your repair and please report back for the groups benefit.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum