Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 02:14 PM   #4
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I don’t know your coach systems at all, but it looks like there may be a vacuum breaker installed at the top of that fresh water “U turn” line in the wall, that then feeds out to the black tank sprayer head. So I “assume” that you are detecting a water leak below that vacuum breaker somehow? Since my old ACE does not have the luxury of a black tank sprayer, I have often wondered if those lines (when equipped) would also need Winterization protection with pink antifreeze in Fall? I am sure Indiana gets cold enough in Winter.

Since most modern coaches would use pex water lines that are typically more forgiving of freezing situations, that might mean that the plastic vacuum breaker may have frozen with water left in it and is now leaking inside your wall........maybe? If so ask Thor to confirm that there is a vacuum breaker in the wall at the top of the U turn and if they can advise where it is located specifically. They may also advise you that there is a “top secret” access to the vacuum breaker somewhere.......and if not, then some exploratory surgery might be required by you to find its location; hopefully doing as little damage as possible. Before you do any damage, consider your repair alternatives......like a bigger mirror on the wall to cover the new opening to access your vacuum breaker. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum