Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 03:15 PM   #18
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Let's talk technical for a bit about water hydraulics:

Yes you may need 45 psi to push at least 0.8 gpm (Girrard's spec) through the water heater and outlet fixture, but I will bet the restriction is caused by the fixture not the Girrard.

For example my shower head would sort of dribble either hot or cold and was just on the border of meeting the 0.8 psi spec, sometimes the Girrard would turn on, sometimes it wouldn't. So the first thing that came to mind was trash in the shower head. So I unscrewed the hose from the shower head and found a 3/8" diameter white plastic "button" with three tiny holes in it. I removed the button and the shower head flowed like crazy. This was with the water pump, btw.

So look at your fixtures. Maybe trash has built up in them and requires 45 psi to get enough flow, but if you remove the trash you will get the flow even at much lower pump or shore power pressure.

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum