Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
don fryer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #743
Chassis battery disconnect switch- Anyone else with similar problem?

New Member.

Didn't see any existing forum or thread on this topic.

2013 Serrano 34M. When I press the Coach battery disconnect, its light goes out. But when I press the Chassis battery disconnect, the light stays on and the engine still started. (Connected to shore power if that makes any difference.)

Shouldn't the Chassis battery disconnect light go out when I press its Disconnect? Even when connected to shore power.

Could it be maybe "just" a bad switch on the Chassis disconnect? (The Coach battery disconnect seems to be functioning; at least its light went out.)

Lastly, when my RV is parked for, say, 3 or 4 weeks, connected to shore power, I leave the Chassis & Coach batteries "On", i.e. I do not press the Disconnect switches. Is that the proper thing to do? Conversely, if I ever had to have my RV in "dry storage" (no shore power), I would press both of the Battery disconnect switches. Pretty basic, and correct, right?

Thanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum