Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 01:38 AM   #27
knucklehead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
I'm in the middle of HELL with my full slide out on a 2018 Thor Windsport 29m. The front motor came loose and popped up after breaking a couple of allen screws on the bottom of the motor that keeps it from spinning. It raises up and gets the gears out of alignment with the tracks. A mobile guy fixed it and it only worked for two days boondocking then broke a second time, both at the house thank God and he came back to get the slide out back in so I could drive it to Camping World. Now I'm hoping we can get the parts in a reasonable time frame. May have to cancel several trips if we go into June. They replace both sides when one side fails. I've been told these large slides are too heavy for just two motors??? They do good work at the Statesville Gander RV and they will make it right; but who knows when the parts will ship?? Have the place you got it from inspect it because it WILL FAIL with those wear marks.....their just like mine; Bob Trice
I forgot to tell you to check the little roller wheels that are below the tracks on the inside. These little wheels keep the gear system in proper alignment I think is what I understand. Mine is broken at the hub. It's still in place but does not give any support and that is what started this whole mess. I'll bet yours is broke too!!!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum