Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 02:23 PM   #32
knucklehead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastellman View Post
Scuba wise from your description it sounds like the screw that keeps the motor down is not installed, not installed correctly or is too short. It is reached from the outside. After putting the motor in you installed the screw from the outside, it should go into one of the 4 openings in the side of the motor. If it does not the motor can work it’s way up till it will spin and not drive the slide in or out. Having the screw touch the side of the motor and not going into the hole is wrong and you will have a failure sooner or later.
You would be correct IF the wheel hub was not broken at the bottom gear rail and that allows the force of no support to push up. Of coarse the set screw is in. The tech actually used one a little bit longer but that screw is no match for the force the slide puts on the entire assembly with a broken hub on the roller wheel at the bottom gear rack. That's also how it sheared two of the four allen set screws on the bottom of the motor that sits in the coupling that connects to the drive shaft to all the gears. I also think that maybe the rollers under the slide that support the slide out may not be adjusted properly, but Gander RV will check all of that as well. Bottom line, these systems are not sturdy enough for this much weight I'm told and it's just a cost cutting measure that makes me hate Thor engineers!!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.