Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 03:19 PM   #5
NG7V

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #16876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebo53AZ View Post
We hit a lot of rain on our travel to the east coast, but this should not have happened. These pictures are from the front pass through right behind the propane tank. Lucky I didn’t loose the sliding storage rack. Looks like water was entering the vertical board at the outside corner and slowly getting in. Has anyone else had this issue. I replaced both pieces and sealed the joints with silicone and then put water proof Gorilla patch tape on all the seams. Hopefully that will do the trick

I have a 2019 Aria 3901 with a water leak in the same area as yours. I do not know where the water comes from but will shortly begin an inspection. When you mention that water intrusion came from the vertical board, did you mean the front wall of the basement? I think I have intrusion in that area as well.

Gorilla tape is a good idea. Would you install it inside or outside of your compartment. Seems to me that doing it inside the compartment may not be as effective as outside. Are you considering caulk on the outside where possible?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum