Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 01:28 AM   #5
Bob Nodine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgarnat@aol.com View Post
Hi. I have a 2017 Thor Miramar. I want to replace the hydraulic fluid for the leveling jacks. What fluid do you recommend?

Thanks
I don't think hydraulic or transmission fluid is hygroscopic like brake fluid. If you camped once a week for the last 4 years your jacks would only see about 208 cycles and I doubt you even camped that much. I find it hard to believe the fluid would be bad especially when you consider the low operating temperature of the jacks unlike transmissions that are subject to high temperatures for long periods of time. Now if the fluid is contaminated that is another thing.

Bob

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum