Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 07:47 PM   #3
Chucke

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by WmJSheffler View Post
Does anyone have experience installing and using this “system” (https://rvairflow.com/) on their Coleman Mach 3 Plus AC units? My objective is to get some performance increase in my Axis coach. My understanding is that the factory installed system is good for at best a 20 degree differential. I am currently getting no more than 15.
Hello WmJSeffler, I did a little research on the rvairflow and talked with the inventer. Super nice guy. I made a few modifications. The space between my roof was thicker by an inch so I added a piece of foam. My oblong holes for the air to flow through were to tall. I narrowed them up using aluminum and pop rivets. I was able to get it all to line up with the airflow device. I pulled the motorhome out a couple days ago in 90+ degree heat and let it sit for an hour or so. Then turned on the AC and let it run for an hour. I went from 93 degrees to 78 by the couch and in the bedroom with the slide out it was 76 degrees. I did not have the blinds pulled. I use a infared thermometer and at the vents it read 41 degrees. We had turned the Television on and noticed we did not have to have it up as loud. The AC was quiter. As Hugh.vines@att.net mentioned, make sure and seal off the ends of your vent passages. I used unfaced fiberglass insulation and sealed it with HVAC tape. I can send pics of all I did to give you a better idea. The inventer is very helpful. We are very happy with the air flow!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum