Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 2017 models
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 09:39 PM   #4
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjstangelo View Post
I don't mind if it is a 2016 or 2017. I just didn't want to get stuck in a plant outage as they re-tool for the 2017. We really want the unit for the summer travels.

I would prefer the 6-speed transmission over the 5-speed but I suppose that at this point all F53 units would have the 6-speed. I guess that I would specify my preference in the order.

WRT the engine, I DO have a preference there: V10 all the way. We have a V10 in our 2005 Excursion and it has been the most reliable engine we have ever owned, 130,000mi and no problems. These miles have mostly been towing our TT with 6 being trips from VA to WY (Yellowstone).

Wish I could say the same for the gutless 4R100 transmission...
With the F-53, I would want a V-10 too, probably even in the E-450 chassis. I am on my third V-10. As far as retooling, I am not sure how much "retooling" Thor does every year in the same model. There may be some minor interior changes made, but they seem pretty much the same. I don't think you have to worry about the transmission issue. I believe Thor is only purchasing the 6 Spd. I have never ordered one, so I don't know how long it takes. The way RVs are built, I think I feel more comfortable finding a good one and examining it really well before I put any money down.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum