Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 2017 models
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 10:04 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Be aware that when Thor comes out with its 2017 models this summer, they will still be on the 2016 Ford chassis - if that makes a difference to you. There have been rumors of the 2017 Ford models being equipped with the V-8 as an extra cost, choice item - if Thor would even let you order one. I don't know if there are any other changes. There were still lots of RVs in dealer lots on the 2015 chassis in Feb 2016 when I was looking.
The Ford Media news release I posted about on a different thread applied only to the E-Series Cutaway and Stripped Chassis (as used on Axis and Vegas). There was no mention of engine options/changes for the F-53 Motorhome Chassis. I would bet those will retain the older 6.8L V10.

And for what it's worth, I saw the date for the switch to 2017 model year for E-Series and it was around June or July (can't recall exactly). So we probably won't see the newer V8s (if at all) until much later in year or next year.

In any case the revision shouldn't affect the larger motorhomes built on F-53 chassis.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum