Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Omni questions
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 05:35 PM   #3
CTRvs666

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
As time goes on I'll have questions that I haven't seen addressed yet here. Satellite antenna. There is a Playmaker sat antenna on the roof, forward driver's side. It was pointed out on the walk thru along with the wiring connections for the receiver in the cabinet above the theater seating. No brochures or manuals in the info bag. Nothing on the build sheet and the Thor site on Omni says satellite antenna mounting bracket.

Inverter? It has the Xantrex Freedom and inside control panel. Does the inverter only turn on when not connected to shore power and does it have to be turned on each time?

There are no roof gutters or roof runoff "spouts" so air conditioner runoff goes down the side. I see it that's going to require frequent cleaning on the sides to prevent the hard water streaking on the paint. Anyone come up with better solutions?
We added Dish Satellite and the installer said that it was really easy to run a cable to that cupboard. He wished all mfg's made it easy. With one dish all the TV's tune to the same station at the same time.

I put a MaxxAire cover over the front vent and that playmaker was too close so I had to move move it over a couple of inches. The installers at Thor accidently cut the membrane under it and the cut wasn't sealed, so I am glad I moved it. It is all sealed now.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.