Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 08:36 PM   #5
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedbug123 View Post
I read that you should disconnect battery Pos/Neg cables from chassis and house batteries before servicing. But how do you troubleshoot w/o power?
What am I missing here?

Generally you troubleshoot with your batteries connected using a mulitmeter to help fully diagnose what is working correctly with the charging system and what is not. Then when you identify the suspected offending item(s) you take appropriate action with safe replacement in mind. So if it is just a blown fuse; probably a simple replacement is all that is required; if it is a bad latching relay that is buried behind a circuit board......then disconnect the grounds from all battery strings, disconnect shore and gen/engine off.......then do your repair.

You can use a mulitmeter set for resistance/ohms (or continuity) to test connection resistance through fuses, relays etc., but it is essential that no power is connected to circuits under test when the test meter is set for resistance or continuity.

If your BCC is an older version intellitec unit, which it sounds like it is, you may have to contact Intellitec to obtain information on it if you are not able to find info on line specifically for your BCC model number. Intellitec had several versions of BCC (one relay; two relay; various current ratings etc. Sorry, not familiar with the older versions. If you can provide the model number off the BCC then maybe the forum can assist a little better. The reason I asked about if it was an RV Custom BCC is because I think in 2006 (or so) some Hurricanes may have started using the BCC from RV Custom Products.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum