Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 10:43 AM   #24
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Unfortunately.... in today's world most people are guilty until proven innocent.

You are fortunate the TV Coax and Power Cables held so the unit did not go flying off and end up doing damage to another vehicle or worse at 60MPH.

Before people started throwing stones.... all they had to do is pull up the brochure to see the Wingard ConnecT 2 was standard on the coach. Many newbies would not know what it is and dealers don't do a great job of explaining it so it was not too difficult to think a newbie might call it a satellite given how it looks.

While some of the other explanations were plausible like hitting a branch or something else that could loosen it up or tear it off... I have enough experience with Thor coaches to know their assembly guys are horrible with screws and screw guns and that is the most likely the root cause. Given they had a history of this pre-COVID and now they can't make coaches fast enogh, it is likely quality suffers even more than before.

I've had issues with the entry door hinges on My Magnitude built in 2019 because the screws used were too small and too short of the weight of the door and 6 out of 9 screws were overtightened and stripped. Then I just recently had another screw issue on my coach. When I had my coach at the Thor factory service center at the end of last year, they told me they had to replace the rear slide motor because it stopped working. I was surprised because we didn't have any slide issues before.

When I started prepping the coach for the season three weeks ago, the rear slide motor failed.... after Thor just replaced it. After doing a bunch of troubleshooting I found that at the factory someone installed a slide trim screw at an angle and it was not sunk completely. The screw was sticking out about a 1/4" and everytime the slide opened and closed it hit the top of the slide motor until the screw tore the plastic top off the motor.

I can't blame the Thor tech for missing the screw issue because it was only noticeable when the slide was completely closed. If the motor failed with the slide open, he would have never seen the screw or how it was hitting the motor causing damage.

The good news is that Thor's Customer Service is excellent! Even though my coach is out of warranty, they sent me a new slide motor after sending them a picture of the issue even though my coach is now out of warranty.

Be calm and explain everything that happpened to Thor Customer Service. Give them a list of all the issues you have had. Be polite and try not to be emotional an just be factual with as much detail and supporting info as possible (pics, etc.). My experience is Thor will take care of you and / or have a dealer make it right.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum