Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Omni questions
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 03:35 PM   #7
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
1) Satellite - I have yet to see any Magnitude / Omni that came with a Satellite as a factory installed accesory. It is certainly not listed in the 2020 or 2021 brochures and there is only a factory installed Satellite bracket on the 2022's. All of the Magnitude / Omni's come with the Winegard ConnecT 2, which has an HDTV antenna, Cellular Hotspot and WiFi Router capabilities. The schematics for the first Magnitude / Omni in 2020 show a Satellite on the roof at mid-ship even though none was available as standard equipment or a factory option. They could be planning for a future option or they could just have been reusing old pictures as examples of what is possible. If it really is a Satellite, the dealer may have added it for another buyer who backed out at the last minute.

2) Inverter - First, there are two control panels for the Inverter. One built into the Inverter and a remote one at entry. The built-in panel must have the power switch in the OFF position in order for the remote panel to control the inverter properly.

If you want the Inverter's built-in ATS to switch over to keep the fridge cold should you lose shore power, then the Inverter should be powered ON at all times. If you have the Inverter powered OFF, the display will still show the battery voltage while on shore or generator power.

I leave my Inverter powered ON all the time in my Magnitude if I am using both fridges.

3) Gutters - There are no gutters. There have been several threads with creative solutions for diverting condensation from the A/C units. Everything from using Dicor to Eternabond Tape.

4) Slide Topper - If it is under warranty I might consider having the dealer handle it. Only because if it gets screwed up while you try to fix it, then they would likely not cover it as a warranty repair. I have not had mine off or apart. Depending on the issue if I was still under warranty I may take a stab at it. Now that I am out of warranty I would do it myself. I'm sure you can find videos on YouTube.
It is a Winegard Playmaker up on the left front roof. I'll be home tomorrow and will climb up again and check the installation and sealing. The suggestion that the dealer installed it for a deal that fell through makes sense. Surprised that didn't tout that install. It was casually mentioned by the rep on the PDI.

I'll look for the inverter and it's settings. Since we travel a lot on trips, having the inverter on to keep the refer going is important.

I'll also mull over ideas with a Dicor "diverter" on the roof.

When at home under controlled circumstances under the pole barn I'll see if it's possible to easily unroll the awning to straighten the fabric. There shouldn't be more than a revolution or 2 left on the roller. Otherwise, the dealer wants me to schedule and take it in for a 90 day checkup to fix and identify anything. I'll add that to the list I'll surely have. Thanks
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.