Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 04:44 PM   #30
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberjean73 View Post

Third, I did not hit anything. I drove along 99 south, 58 east, and I40 east. I didn’t even know the Winegard was hanging off until a CHP officer pulled me over. He said it wasn’t safe for me to get out and inspect the RV in the area where I pulled over, and he suggested I drive 7 miles to the next exit. As I drove those 7 miles, the unit fell off. I then pulled over, I noticed rippling on the roof.

It was not safe to drive, hence the need for the tow.

Fourth: there have been numerous problems with this coach, but certainly nothing to this level of seriousness. The propane lines were not purged, so at first the stove and water heater didn’t work, the captains chair arm rest didn’t work, prewired HDMI cables didn’t work, cabinets didn’t latch, shower hoses leaked, locks didn’t lock, bunk ladders didn’t fit because brackets were installed too high. All of these prior issues dealt with comfort - they didn’t affect the safety of the coach. The quality control is a major issue.
I am glad you came back to clarify. I think you would agree that Post #22 provides more insight to answer your question posed in Post #1. To put in analogy so it is not personal, imagine walking into a doctor's online forum and you advise you had a broken leg and wanted to know how it was covered with insurance? The best answer could only come with more information, I don't see inquiries as an assumption of guilt or innocent.

With that said I do have another question. Did the CHP follow you for the 7 miles? Seems to me that if they knew Wingard was hanging that may have been more dangerous than he simply safely directing / diverting traffic while the RV was on the side of highway.... to at least inspect it to see if it could be safely removed?

Also, why didn't he or you just dispatch the tow service right away? I think most all new RVs have some time of Roadside Assistance?

Regardless, it just seems as if an Officer is helpful enough to pull you over to let you know something was hanging, would also have followed through; and thus the question if he trailed you, and saw the Wingard fallout?

But back to your original question, as you have described it; I concur this is something that should be covered by Thor's Mfg warranty.

On a side note; related to all of your other issues? Did Camping World rush you through or rubber stamp the PDI Process? If so; the problems you had previously incurred may be normal and reasonable without a thorough pre inspection before buying? I am assuming all of those items have been fixed? and if so, you may actually be one of the lucky ones. I personally had to walk away from 2 brand new Thor Motor Coaches (ACE 29.3 & Windsport 27B) because the Dealer would not commit to fixing all of the items noted as part of PDI.

Glad you and family came out safe
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum