Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 12:00 AM   #40
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
When I hear the word flapping, it brought to mind an issue with a brand new 2019 Windsport 27B that I did not buy. I insisted on not only test driving it; but wanted to get it on Interstate. Dealer reluctantly gave the okay. With Salesman in the RV; as I approached 50mph we starting hearing some noises on the roof Confused the Salesman said to go ahead; I got it to 70mph and it got worse; so I figured that was enough. As I slowed down taking an exit, about 3 to 4 ft of the rubber seal from the top of the windshield fell over the windshield I pulled over and let the Salesman drive it back. That RV did Not have a Wingard Connect but if it did, based on this picture like the OPs 2021 Freedom Traveler it would have got whacked pretty good given it's location on the roof.

Note: This was an item the Dealership said they would fix, but it was compounded with other items that Dealer would not fix, or not try to fix until after the purchase that served for us to pause as we did not buy the Coach. I had the distinct fortune of joining this Thor Forum BEFORE my purchase; and I view it as being an undisputed leader for help and accurate information . I ultimately bought a Winnebago, but if you go back and read the threads of my history; you will see my issues or impediment to owning a Thor Motor Coach were due to Dealer induced issues. Not Mfg defects from Thor Motor Coach. In fact; my experience with dealing with Customer Service of Thor Motor Coach was very positive. My money says, once validated; they will stand behind ANY Mfg defect. But just like in a court of law, innocent people lose what may have otherwise been an open & shut case. Information is Power, use it all to your advantage. Isn't that the purpose of this Thor Forum... to share information
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 Thor Freedom Traveler 2021 A32 Roof.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	31052  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.