Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 12:37 PM   #21
Quint

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum WS31
State: Massachusetts
THOR #16115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
And I'll politely disagree with your statement. It all depends on the type of camping you are doing.

If you are not doing a lot of boondocking and trying to conserve water (which is my case), the Girard Tankless is great. You can set a temperature, turn on the hot water and you can take a 30 minute shower if you want.

Yes.... some campgrounds have water pressure issues but many do not. If I do come across a campground where I can't get enough pressure, then I will switch over to my fresh water tank for showers.

I've had two coaches with the Girard and I have been very happy with its performance.

I agree it's a matter of your camping style. For me I would rather not have to take into consideration when planning a trip on whether or not Im going to have to worry about having hot water or not. My camping style is the more rustic campgrounds, State parks, national parks, and campground that get you right up to the scenic features I'm visiting. Boondocking is also something we enjoy doing and that is out of the question. I'd rather not have a hot water system that limits the type and style of camping I can do. Yes you can flip on your pump and draw from your fresh water tank but if you try and conserve water and shut off the shower then you've got to run the water for about 30 seconds to get warm water back again. If you're out boondocking for any length of time and your brushing your teeth with bottle water and not flushing your toilet every time you pee trying to conserve water and not fill the tanks unnecessarily that is just unacceptable.

I think its a great concept for but like many things in the RV industry it was implemented without fully researching the affects and needs thoroughly.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum