Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Omni questions
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 05:03 PM   #12
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Judge I'm a bit confused about the inverter. I did a search and found a discussion a year ago May 2020 about the inverter. My inverter is also in the forward curbside compartment and my remote is in the hall opposite the kitchen. Does the inverter power anything while hooked up to shore power? I made sure the inverter power button on the inverter was off (out) and pushed the remote panel button IN (ON). The remote isn't showing any output readings. I didn't want to disconnect from shore power yet and am going home tomorrow and will disconnect then and see what happens.

Sorry for the delayed reply..... been busy.

The Xantrex Freedom X 2000 has a built-in ATS. There is a 15A breaker in your Power Distirbution Panel that sends AC power into the Inverter. When there is AC available from shower power or the genny, the ATS bypasses the Inverter and send the AC to the output side of the Inverter so it can power the items (TV's, Fridge, etc.) that are on the Inverter Circuit.

When in this mode the top green LED will be lit and there is an Icon on the panel showing AC is being supplied. The output will also show as 0W (because the Inverter is not supplying power at this point) while the voltage displayed is the current battery voltage available.

When there is no shore or genny power, the second LED will light to indicate the Inverter is now using the batteries to provide AC power. The display will then show power output in watts as well as the battery voltage.

If the remote panel has the power button in the OFF position, it will still light up under shore / genny power. When shore / genny power is removed, the display will go blank and the Inverter will be off.

As an FYI.... my Inverter breaker is labeled "TV Receptacles" this is actually the AC power input to the Inverter. The over-cab TV and outdoor TV happend to be on this circuit (as well as the fridge). If you flip this circuit breaker off, the Inverter will kick on (even under shore / genny power) because you stopped supply AC to the Inverter. Your breaker may be like mine or it may actually say "Inverter."

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum