Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #31
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Thanks for the excellent post and YouTube link. You talked me into it. Unfortunately Hunter apparently does not make thermostats anymore but the Supco 43054 seems to be a clone of the Hunter in the YouTube. I've ordered one to put in my Axis. The ability to control the temperature fluctuations is reason enough.
I installed my new digital thermostat and it was super easy. The Hunter thermostat has the wires hard wired into the thermostat so I cut them off leaving several inches so that I could easily rewire it if I have a problem with the new one. All the wires were the same color code on the new one, so it was simple to connect the old wires to the posts in the thermostat. The only difference was I installed a small spdt switch to give both high and low fan speeds for the AC as discussed in the video. That was not difficult, but you need a soldering iron and steady hands to cut out the hole for the switch. You can actually leave the switch off and just connect the two fan wires to the green post in the thermostat. Then you will only have one fan speed. The instructions in the above video are excellent as well as other written instructions on the web.. Quick and easy and a significant improvement.

Ed.. Interestingly, I followed the wires back from the thermostat to where they were wired into the wires that went to the furnace, AC, power, etc.. Thor made no attempt to keep the same color wire. There is no way to tell at the furnace or the AC whether the correct wire has been run from the thermostat. The wiring issue is endemic and stupid. Thor obviously cannot spell "quality control". You cannot tell me it would cost more to buy five different color wire spools instead of 2 or 3 and do it right.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum