Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 03:34 PM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
I have a class C -- Chateau 31E, with the Lippert leveling system. Lately I've been getting a low voltage error when I try to level, even when the batteries are fully charged (and the batteries are brand new). The voltage reads 12.5v on the leveler control panel, and it gives a low voltage error. If I start the generator the voltage will go up and I can then operate the levelers, but I normally could operate them with the engine running but not connected to shore power or running the generator.

Any ideas what the problem is?
Normally the jack's control panel reads the voltage available from the chassis battery and not from the house battery bank. You can buy a volt meter that plugs into the dash's power ports to read the chassis battery voltage I suspect your chassis battery is failing or the battery's connections are loose or corroded.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum