Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 03:35 AM   #9
Travelin' Texans

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
IMHO & the method I used, right or wrong, on 1 ton dually tow vehicle & 16.5k lb 5th wheel was to run all the tires at or very near, no more than 5 lbs less, the max load rating printed on the sidewall, never had rv or truck tire issues & all 10 tires wore evenly.
Running at lower pressures increase temperatures & for every psi below that max inflation you also decrease the load carrying capacity on the tires.
Motorhomes are built on truck chassis in order to carry heavy loads so a stiffer ride is to be expected, if you want a cushy ride get a luxury car.
Again in my opinion, worth .02 cents or less, weighing RVs then adjusting each tire for the load on each tire is a waste of time. Every time you add/remove weight you need to reweigh & readjust tire inflations on each tire??? What a PITA!
If the max psi is 80 then running at 76 & 78 should be fine & would be my recommendation for that .02 cents.
If inflated to the max it's not necessary adjust inflation to account for increased pressures due to increased temperatures, the tire manufacturers have taken that into consideration when manufacturing.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum