Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
Jesse Toler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Tennessee
THOR #15946
Emergency start weirdness...

Hey guys somewhat of a newbee here so excuse my ignorance. I have a 2015 vegas and this weekend I was boondocking for a few days. Generator running the whole time. My wife noticed the night shade wouldn't go up. So I tried to start the engine and it didn't start AND what I found weird was it shut off the generator. At that point I had no power anywhere. The chassis battery was of course dead but then it was like the house was in store mode and the generator didn't want to start. I actually had another generator I started up and plugged that into the shore power which got me some power to the house. This helped some things but not everything. I tried the emergency start switch with no luck. Long story short my buddy gave me a jump and I got home without issue.

With this said I'm made of questions.

-does this sound like I have a lot of dead batteries?
-do you think I have a emergency start solenoid issue?
-why in the heck would starting the engine kill the generator?
-where is the emergency start solenoid located?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum