Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 05:20 PM   #15
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Why do they bother to post the max trailer tow weights on a wannabe little truck? All that does is confuse buyers into thinking they can tow something that toy truck has no business hitching up to. I think it may be a good truck for the handyman type to commute to/from the hardware store or a yard man tow a small utility trailer with his lawnmower, other than that it's a cute little truck.

In fairness to the little truck, it has greater towing capability than the Ranger XLT I bought my daughter when she was in school. The Ranger was either 1,000 or 1,500 pounds (can’t recall exactly), but I later towed more with it when I kept the truck after she traded for a car after graduation. It was a nice truck and was flat towable so I kept it for a few years after that. The engine was only 100 HP but it pulled a 2,000-pound U-Haul easily.

The hybrid Maverick should be able to tow motorcycles, jet skis, pop-up campers, occasional U-Haul to move, and even a small camper trailer like a Casita or similar if under 2,000 pounds.

The towing or payload doesn’t bother me as much as the 4-1/2 foot bed which seems too short to be useful. Also, from pictures, the inside may be too modern/wild for my conservative taste. I like the outside, and maybe the inside will surprise me when viewed in person.

P.S. — 40/33/37 MPG is far better than my Ranger got, even though it was lighter at 3,500 pounds. The base hybrid Maverick is about 3,700 pounds.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum