Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 08:32 PM   #19
Roark

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24' Sprinter/Chateau
State: Delaware
THOR #20378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
... or the mother-in-law......
Bad Form!
Dearest mother-in-laws go on the roof rack, with Aunt Edna, right?
Or do ya tie their leash to the bumper and drive away? I always forget and get those two mixed up...

Re: OP
Saw an ingenious system that someone fabricated out of steel that I'm going to attempt in alumnium (and probably some steel).
The design was supported by two Class III receiver hitches that were welded a couple of feet outboard of the main center mounted hitch. Into these receivers the builder had a variety of different accoutrements that could carry anything from a small runabout or a pair of kayaks, to a hard of bicycles above a motorcycle. I don't recall how the top was stabilized, and it still required a long extension to utilize the main hitch, but overall it seemed extremely functional, and limited only by the owner's supply of tubing and welding rod in terms of it flexibility.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum