Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 09:05 PM   #15
Jesse Toler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Tennessee
THOR #15946
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichS View Post
People have different views on that. My OEM battery lasted 4 years. I now have a AGM. I never boondock I always have full hookups when I am out so my battery never have a load on it. So I really can't help on that. I keep mine plugged in all the time.

I have the Ford 6.8L V10 engine. The Tacklife T8 Pro is suppose to start up to 7.5 L gas engine. You can also use it to jump your coach battery to start the generator. If the battery is dead.
I see. I do a lot of motorcycle events in mine so I'm always boondocking. My genny gets worked! So the generator starts and runs of the house batteries? I assumed it ran of the chassis battery. Seemed like it this past weekend when the generator shut of when I tried to start the RV with a dead chassis battery. Then the generator didn't want to start at all. With the generator running all weekend the house batteries shouldn't of been dead unless I have a inverter problem. I would think if my inverter wasn't working everything would of died sooner. I definitely have some investigating to do.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.