Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 04:08 PM   #12
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
I'm still getting the low voltage error for the leveling system.

The house batteries are brand new. I fully charged them with a trickle charger. I also charged the chassis battery. All the batteries seem to be fine.

The RV was plugged into shore power for days, and the batteries indicated fully charged on the control panel. But when I went to operate the levelers (with the engine running), I got the low voltage error. The voltage reading on the leveler display was 12.3 volts. So it seems like the converter is not properly charging from shore power. However, when I checked the voltage at the batteries without shore power, they read around 12.3 volts, and when I plugged into shore power the voltage went up to 13+ volts, so it looks like the converter is sending charging power. If I start the generator I get enough of a voltage boost to operate the levelers, but shore power doesn't give this boost.

Any idea what's going on? If I were sure it was the converter, I would just replace it, but I'm not sure.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum