Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 02:24 AM   #1
bojanlora

State: Arkansas
THOR #19565
Windsport electrical issues

On the 5th day of a 38 day trip. Made it to Carlsbad NM and it was 105 degrees.

Stopped at Walmart before getting to the RV park and turned the generator and ACs to keep the dogs comfortable.

Came back 20 minutes later and the generator was off. Tried starting it and it shut off as soon as I let go of the start button.

Got to the RV park and hooked up to shore power and NADA, ZILCH, no power. Generator, same thing.

Opened up Southwire Surge Guard ATS and noticed both generator and shore power breakers were tripped. Tried resetting and no joy. When I press in the top and hold it (shore power) front AC and microwave come on. BTW 108 inside Motorhome.

Wedged a spatula to hold the breaker and AC on and microwave. No other 110 outlets in the front or rear AC work.

Disconnected generator line and load wires, re routed the load to the shore power breaker and still the breaker won’t hold. Have AC running with spatula wedged in place (at this point IDGAF if the coach burns down) it’s 8 pm and the coach is still at 100 degrees.

Called Thor emergency support and they are totally worthless! They have 14 billion in back orders and they truly don’t give a damn about us.

Of course, plenty of technicians are willing to look at it... next month. We are still under warranty but at this point, it means nothing.

My ATS is model 40140. Can’t even find this stupid thing on the web. I’ve done everything to isolate the generator breaker and still have the same issue. I’m beginning to think there might be an issue with the 50 amp main breaker?

Thoughts???

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum