Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 03:51 PM   #19
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1951 View Post
My '16 Outlaw is the same way. My question is I have had the rig in the driveway plugged into 15 amp. I moved it to the back yard this AM for a party, and when I scrolled through the leveler display, it said the voltage was 18.3 with it plugged in to another 15 amp circuit. Is this something I have to look into?
As EA37TS said..... you should never see 18.3V regardless of whether you are plugged into a 15A circuit or a 30A circuit.

You might want to put a voltmeter on the hosue batteries to see if they really are at 18V plugged in or whether it is just a bad leveler display.

If your multimeter says 18V at the house batteries, unplug it right away and check the water level in the cells. They are probabyl cooked. If your meter says ~13V, then the leveler display could be the issue.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.