Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #13
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Thanks looks good but they are proud of that hub cover kit. The Thor ones are rather "over the top bulky" on par with the front bumper.

EDIT going to bug you also on the crossfire. I understand the principal but confused how this one works with the TPMS. I looked over their site and the product and no installation instructions and on your pictures can't see any sensors. I am guessing the sensors are possibly somewhere between the dually tires but having trouble visualizing. I first thought that you might use one sensor for a dual tire position but that's not a god idea because an individual tire is unmonitored. Where are the sensors??
The Crossfire without the TMPS option just have the ends of the stainless steel hose fro each wheel connect into the monitoring valve where the valve stem is located.

When you order the TMPS Option, there is an additional vlave stem off the end of each stainless hose to install the TMPS sensor before it connects to the monitoring valave. It works just fine. Here are some up close pics of mine sensors (black).

Also..... the center caps are stock Ford F-550 and not Thor. They cost between $60 - $75 each from Ford and they are plastic. They fasten so tightely to the lug nuts with spring steel connectors that they are almost impossible to get off without damaging them based on how they are designed. I was happy to replace them with steel center caps and stianless steel lig nut covers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0475.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	31320   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0476.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	31321  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum