Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 08:02 PM   #5
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I have been through this for the last several months. First, don't ask Thor about this. One "tech" told me it was powered by the fuse panel as part of the converter, the other told me it was powered from the fuse panel in the compartment underneath the driver's seat. Neither are so.

Others have said it is a Ford fuse panel either near the gas pedal or underneath the hood. Not so. Finally others on this forum pointed me to the passenger side near the battery. Not so for the new e350 chassis. But one member told me to look in the Ford owner's manual and voila there was a diagram showing it on the drivers side under the hood outboard of the power steering reservoir and above where the BIM is located (page 162).

So I finally found it. But I have to agree, it is functionally not accessible in the Thor Axis. Maybe if you removed the mounting brackets and the front hood you could get to it, maybe.

It is going to be interesting to see who takes responsibility, Ford or Thor, for making my dash power ports (cigarette lighter) work. I predict lots of finger pointing.

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum