Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 01:36 PM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zeus View Post
Something tells me most of the following problems are linked. I've located 4 different fuse/breaker panels.
-Under the rear bed has a fuse panel and a 120v breaker panel
-Under the steering wheel has a Ford fuse panel
-Driver side engine compartment has an aftermarket panel
-Rear firewall just above the radiator has a Ford fuse panel

Here are the problems I'm having.
1. Dash/Windows driver & passenger fans are no longer working. They're controlled by the 3-way switches under the radio. Checked fans and they are not seized up.
2. Map light above driver/passenger not working. Note - I have the drop down bed above the front seats. 2 way switch under the radio. Also controlled locally at the light itself. Neither switch work anymore.
3. Generator start switch works to start the genset, but the switch itself no longer lights up indicated run-state. 3-way switch under radio.

Something tells me all 3x of the above are on the same circuit/fuse, but I checked over 100 fuses and not sure what to do at this point. A bit frustrating.

4th issue, is sometimes after a long drive without the generator running the House batteries have depleted; meaning the alternator may not be charging those batteries. I don't think this model has a BIRD, and I previously had to install a Trik-L-Start to keep the Ford/Chassis battery up while on shore power. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance
All the items you mention are powered by the chassis battery. There is a multi-tap on the positive side of the chassis battery that runs to a 100 amp 12 volt re-settable circuit breaker located on the right frame rail. From that circuit breaker the power goes to the circuit board down by the drivers left foot. This is a Thor MC board that contains all the fuses and relays for the Thor accessories in the front cap. Sounds like that CB is tripped

As for the engine's alternator charging the house batteries, this is done through the BIRD. Usually the Trombetta control module for the BIRD is good but the continuous duty relay goes bad. On my coach my the BIRD is located on the front wall in the rear of the house battery compartment. the
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum